Jacqueline Byrd is President and Senior Consultant with Creatrix Inc., a Minneapolis-based organization that serves clients both nationally and internationally. She has owned and operated the company for over fifteen years. The company was founded by the late Dr. Richard E. Byrd, a pioneer in the field of management and organizational development. Today it continues its mission of bringing the applied social sciences to business, government and industry.
As a CONSULTANT to business, the professions, and industry, Dr. Byrd assists organizations by consulting on where the business and people issues come together, specifically:
- Designing and Managing Complex System Changes;
- Working with Executive Teams on Strategy, Culture, Leadership and Management;
- Working with Boards on Strategy and Board Governance issues;
- Working Cross-Functionally to Obtain Organizational Alignment, Greater Communication and Cooperation;
- Developing Integration Processes for Acquired/Merged and Siloed Organizations;
- Designing Programs to Address Specific Objectives. Examples include: Mentoring, Coaching, Leadership, Innovation, Team Functioning, Change Management, Action Learning, Employee Engagement
- Coaching on Leadership Competencies, Communications, Inter-Personal Styles and Risk Taking.
She is also the brain behind the CREATRIX Program and Assessment designed to increase the capacity for innovation within individuals, teams and organizations, www.creatrix.com.
Some of Byrd’s clients have included Starkey Labs, Life Science Alley, MMIC, Private Bank Minnesota, Upsher Smith, Schwan’s, RBC Dain, Boston Scientific, American Bank, Life Link III, Region’s and Hudson Hospital, Cargill, City of Minneapolis, Alliant Techsystems, Schroeder Company, MARSH, Agriliance, Sacramento County, Cargill and Carlson Companies and the University of Minnesota.
As an AUTHOR and SPEAKER, she has published and addressed the subjects of leadership, team effectiveness, strategies for implementing change, merger and acquisition issues and creating innovative organizations by building the capacity of individuals and teams. She is the co-author of The Innovation Equation, published by John Wiley and available on Amazon. And she is also the co-author of Building Tomorrow’s Business through Innovative Leadership.
As an EDUCATOR, Dr. Byrd serves as Adjunct Faculty with St. Catherine University where she teaches Strategic Management. and Innovation and Entrepreneurship in the Master’s in Organizational Leadership Program. She has also taught for the Carlson School of Management. Dr. Byrd received her B.A., M.A. and Ph.D. degrees from the University of Minnesota in management. She has received additional training from the National Training Laboratories (NTL) in complex system changes, conflict management and organization change methods. She is a certified executive coach.
She currently chairs the Byrd Preaching Chair at St. Martin’s by the Lake Episcopal Church. She has been a National Association of Women Business Owners award winner. And she was awarded the 2003 Innovator of the Year by Finance and Commerce for her work in the development of the Creatrix Assessment.