Janet Polach, Ph.D., possesses over twenty years of experience working on organizational effectiveness issues by leveraging people. She has assisted a variety of client organizations in organizational change and transition planning, leadership development, employee development, succession planning, team building and coaching. She has worked extensively with senior leaders and their teams to identify the behaviors and skills needed to prepare organizations to operate effectively now and in the next five years. Janet is a retired lieutenant colonel in the United States Marine Corps Reserves, and holds a Ph.D. in Human Resource Development from the University of Minnesota.
- Supported deployment of multiple SAP-related applications at MTS Systems. Created organization-wide and project specific communication and end user training strategies. Supported executive team development of division senior team.
- Supported Land O’Lakes seed and crop protection business implement the end user training strategy for JD Edwards 9.0. Strategy delivered via classroom-based, Webinar, UPK-based and on-line training to over 800 learners geographically dispersed throughout the country. Identified end users, created learning curriculum, scheduled classes and instructors. Coordinated key messages with communications specialists.
- Assisted a biotechnical company raise awareness of and manage a significant culture change. Designed and facilitated senior leadership sessions that challenged leaders to think differently about how they will lead the change as it relates to product quality. Designed employee sessions that facilitated discussions about each individual’s role in product quality. Designed reinforcing and follow up activities to ensure the change was sustained.
- Provided SAP change management implementation support for manufacturer/retailer Select Comfort. Crafted change management and training strategy for entire corporation, include operations and store sales. Launched guiding coalition. Identified change impact for all functional and field organizations.
- Assisted Boston Scientific (Guidant Corporation) evolve its leadership capability. Worked with the senior management team to conduct 360 feedback assessments on each executive. Facilitated individual and group action planning. Conducted numerous ad hoc training sessions (primarily using Meyers Briggs Type Indicator) to support move toward more inclusive, flexible organizational culture.
- Have facilitated eight women’s leadership roundtables. Roundtables are comprised of eight to ten executive women who meet monthly over the course of the year. Roundtables follow a structured format each month, including a selected topic for improving leadership effectiveness, updating members on highs and lows professionally and personally, and real time problem solving.
Prior to starting her own consultancy, Janet worked as a human resource manager and development professional at a number of organizations including Deloitte and Touche, CSC Consulting, Computer Sciences Corporation and the United States Marine Corps.
Key Skills and Knowledge
Leadership and Employee Development
- Leadership Assessment
- Work Styles Assessment/Facilitation
- Team Assessment/Development
- One-on-one and Small Group Coaching
- Employee Lifecycle Development
- Succession Planning
- Post Implementation Mesurement
- Women’s Leadership Development/Coaching
- Organization Assessment
- Communication Planning and Execution
- Change Impact Identification
- Transition Planning and Execution
- Guiding Coalition/Transition Team Facilitation and Execution
- Stakeholder Alignment
Professional and Academic Background
- Ph.D. University of Minnesota, Human Resource Development, 2000
- M.S. East Carolina University, Education, 1985
- B.S. University of Wisconsin-Menomonie, Education, 1980
- USMC Reserves (Retired, 2000), Lieutenant Colonel